IINAS wishes Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Our offices are closed until Jan. 5, 2015.
The IINAS newsletter will start in January - sorry for delay.
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
IINAS contributes to the Bioeconomy Conference of the German Ministry for Agriculture Nov 3-4, 2014 in Berlin
- English Summary of the study "Environmental Consequences of Hydraulic Fracturing ("Fracking"), prepared for the German Federal Environment Agency (UBA). October 2014
- Article of Leire Iriarte und Uwe Fritsche: "Sustainability Criteria and Indicators for the Bio-Based Economy in Europe: State of Discussion and Way Forward"; in: Energies 2014 vol. 7 no. 11, pp. 6825-6836
- GEMIS Version 4.93 with data error correction!
Sustainable Land Use
- see news on the GLOBALANDS project page
Sustainability of Bioenergy and Biofuels
Presentations at the International Workshop "Towards Sustainable International Biomass Trade Strategies" 24 Oct. 2014 in Brussels, organized by the EU BiomassTrade2020plus project and IEA Bioenergy Task 40
- For more info see biomass project page and downloads of earlier work
Energy, Climate and Environmental Analyses
- Brief study: The non-renewable primary energy use and GHG emissions of the national electricity generation mix in Germany in 2013 and outlook to 2015 and 2020, prepared for HEA, August 2014 (in German)
- Comparison of GHG emissions from unconventional natural gas ("fracking") in key studies; prepared for ExxonMobil Production Germany (updated August 2014)
- updated and extended GEMIS documents
- IINAS is now partner in the World Bank's Platform for Climate-Smart Planning, providing GEMIS as a tool.