News from IINAS
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
IINAS will present results from the GLOBALANDS project on March 25, 2015 at the World Bank Conference "Land and Poverty 2015" in Washington DC and on April 22, 2015 at the "Gobal Soil Week 2015" in Berlin.
- New working papers and workshop reports from GLOBALANDS
- English Summary of the study "Environmental Consequences of Hydraulic Fracturing ("Fracking"), prepared for the German Federal Environment Agency (UBA). October 2014
- Article of Leire Iriarte und Uwe Fritsche: "Sustainability Criteria and Indicators for the Bio-Based Economy in Europe: State of Discussion and Way Forward"; in: Energies 2014 vol. 7 no. 11, pp. 6825-6836
Sustainable Land Use
- see news on the GLOBALANDS project page
Sustainability of Bioenergy and Biofuels
Presentations at the International Workshop "Towards Sustainable International Biomass Trade Strategies" 24 Oct. 2014 in Brussels, organized by the EU BiomassTrade2020plus project and IEA Bioenergy Task 40
- For more info see biomass project page and downloads of earlier work
Energy, Climate and Environmental Analyses
- Brief study: The non-renewable primary energy use and GHG emissions of the national electricity generation mix in Germany in 2013 and outlook to 2015 and 2020, prepared for HEA, August 2014 (in German)
- Comparison of GHG emissions from unconventional natural gas ("fracking") in key studies; prepared for ExxonMobil Production Germany (updated August 2014)
- updated and extended GEMIS documents
- IINAS is now partner in the World Bank's Platform for Climate-Smart Planning, providing GEMIS as a tool.